Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!!

Yesterday, I had to go in to work for a few hours and then Adam and I ran some errands and bought a bike and other things for his apartment. When we were at the grocery store, my contact was bothering me, and it got more and more painful as we made our way out into the parking lot. It felt like a chunk of cement in my eye!! Turns out the damn thing RIPPED IN HALF. IN. MY. EYE. It was horrifying. The pieces were stuck on my eyeball waaaay up in the corner where I couldn't see them or feel them. It took about 30 minutes and help from Adam to pick the pieces out. OMG it sucked. I've never had that happen before. My eye was so irritated I didn't want to put a new contact in, so I wore my glasses all night. I never do that so it felt strange walking around with them on my face!

After we recovered from the Trauma, we headed out to Waikiki and had dinner at the Hale Koa hotel in a nice little outside cafe on the beach. Then we walked down to Waikiki proper, window shopping and wandering on the beach down to the statue of Duke Kahanamoku statue.

There was a huge fireworks display over the water - one of the best I've seen. Adam and I stood in the sand with all the other revelers to watch, then made our way back to the car and home.

We've got bowl games on right now (yawn) and I'm trying to rally the troops for the gym. We're trying to decide if we should go lay on the beach or go hiking or what.... ah decisions!

I have lots more pics to upload and stories to tell, but I'll save it for another post.

Happy New Year everyone!!

No comments:

Google