Thursday, November 30, 2006

Visions of Dumbbells...

Last night I was dreaming about the gym... I was lifting weights - doing squats! Haha. I got a runner's world magazine in the mail too and it made me all nostalgic (*sniff*). I'm feeling like it's about that time, though. I don't know about running or lifting yet, but definitely some exercise beyond walking is in store for me in the next couple days. Today is 8 days, and things are healed enough, I think, to raise the old heart rate for a spell! Laughing, sneezing, and coughing give me this disturbing sensation that my neck might split open and everything will pop out! - yeah, it's really not comfortable. So I don't see myself training with the 40# db's just yet! What will probably happen is I will pedal on the bike for 20 minutes and then that will be ALL of my energy for the day - haha! I haven't weighed myself, so I have no idea whether I am gaining weight from sitting around all day long or losing weight from not really being able to eat properly for several days. Probably the former, considering that in spite of not really getting to do the whole Thanksgiving thing this year, I did get the best part - dessert! Warm pumpkin pie and vanilla ice cream went right down the day after surgery, and I must say it was the BEST thing I have ever tasted after eating nothing but broth and jello in the hospital. Jello? Is nasty. But pumpkin pie... mmm...

No comments:

Google