Because none of these things deserves its own blog post...
- We got an air conditioner for the living room! It was pretty much the first thing we did when we got back from the air conditioned shangri-la they call Kansas. Because we have high ceilings, the air temp only gets down to about 70 if the sun is shining right on us in the late afternoon, but it feels MUCH cooler because of the dehymidifying effect. And in the evenings after the sun is gone it gets downright chilly. Huzzah! Now we just need to figure out the bedroom situation. We have an air conditioner in there but it is too loud to run all night and even if I run it for a few hours before bed (which I do) it's still hot and sweaty by about 2 am.
- I'm officially a Seiler now. It feels dirty and wrong. I keep trying to log on to my computers with my maiden name and getting all confused when I get an error message. People keep emailing me like, who are you?! Har har. AND! Someone has already gotten my name wrong. It's SEILER, not SELLER. Are you blind?! BTW, I found out in Kansas that Seiler means rope-maker in old German. Our ancestors were rope makers. I think that is kind of cool.
- I hate my joooooooooob. I don't think I have mentioned that here recently. Hate. I thought things would get better when A came home, but they really haven't. Home is better but work is still hateful. It's getting to the point where I am considering just up and quitting. You know. I quitz. It's still the idea of all the money I am making, but even that is starting to matter less and less. They want me to travel too much. Ok, I realize too much is a relative, but it's too much for ME. I can't be going TDY every six weeks. And they don't have enough for me to do. I feel like my time, talent and treasure is being wasted! I am also afraid I would be super bored if I just quit and stayed home all day. Or found some other job... and then ended up hating that even more and totally regretting quitting THIS job. Le sigh. What would you do?
- A and I watched Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix last night. It was way better than I remember it being the first time I saw it. I think it's my favorite HP movie. I forgot how cool and interesting the subtext is in that movie: the government is oppressive, and they form a secret underground society, Harry battles with his inner darkness... fascinating. I really need to get the books; I haven't read them yet!
- What I am reading is the Sookie Stackhouse series. And of course watching, totally addicted, to True Blood. The series is different from the books too so of course I have to watch to find out what is going to happen, even though I kind of know from reading the books. So good. Eric! Le sigh. Sunday is now my favorite night of the week.
What's going on in your world?