Thursday, October 26, 2006

Runner's Proverb

"The hand that holds the pepper spray will freeze."

For real! Not least because that dang little pleather container and the metal vial conduct heat AWAY from the hand! But what is the point of carrying it if you don't have it ready to use if some predator jumps out of the bushes?! The plight of a runner...

I have not felt like exercising the last 3 days. I am feeling a little run down or emotionally strung out or something. Now that I know the cancer is there, it's like I can FEEL it in my neck, like I'm constantly reaching to see if it's growing into some huge protrusion. I cannot be skipping workouts, they are what keeps me sane. It's the glue that holds my life together, the time when I am most in control, most centered, most focused.

So, Wednesday I went and lifted chest and tris, yesterday I put in 7 miles, and this morning 8. Yesterday's run was great - I wanted to go longer but I had to get to work early. Today, I felt like running ZERO miles! It took me a long time to get warmed up, I felt like I was running through molasses. And I was going to stop at 5, but I started feeling better after the first few miles, so I rode it out. I'm glad I did. No matter how shitty I feel or how badly I want to skip a workout, I unfailingly feel better afterwards.

My digestion has not felt normal since I got back from the wedding... what the heck is up?? I quit the protein powder, and that helped matters, but it's still off. Am I developing food allergies? I eat the same foods all the time, so I guess it's a possibility... I just wish it would stop already!!

Well, I wanted to post a picture of my sister, my mom and I at the wedding, but Blogger is being evil, so I guess it will have to wait!

Finally, going through all this has made me more aware of other people, and just the humanity of it all. So I leave you with this:

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

No comments:

Google