Saturday, August 07, 2010

15 Weeks Today!

15 weeks!!
The Little is 15 weeks old today!  You can blame the dearth of blog postings around here on the fact that I only have two remaining brain cells as a result of months of sleep deprivation, and both of them are focused on keeping the baby alive.  Plus my mom has been back on the mainland leaving the Little and I to fend for ourselves, and A has been working almost every day this week on the night shift again which means very little time for blogging.  Well... it's not that I don't have TIME per se... I'm on the internet a lot while I'm nursing, but that is one-handed and not conducive to typing!  And then there is nap time, when I get it, I don't want to wake her up with my tap-tap-tapping.  I still don't let her nap on her own because I'm putting her on her tummy for naps and don't want to leave her alone. 

Night times have been kind of rough because she's been up every 1-2 hours (down from 3-4) to nurse.  Must be a spurt of some kind.  Leaves me feeling pretty strung out during the day.  I go to bed when she does sometime between 7 and 8 usually, and stay in bed as long as she keeps sleeping.  We're still co-sleeping, and I'm on the fence about whether to end it now(ish) or just keep doing it.  On the one hand, I wonder if we both wouldn't get better sleep in our own spaces.  On the other, I can't imagine how exhausted I would be if I had to keep getting up and down with her.

She gets cuter every day, if that's even possible.  She's on the verge of laughing and sometimes does a little giggle.  She is also becoming an expert bubble blower and drooler, and loves chomping on her hands.  She is still not very interested in toys, but can amuse herself with a burp cloth for quite some time. She still hates her car seat and is either ambivalent or disliking of her stroller, which makes me feel like somewhat of a shut-in because I don't feel like I can go anywhere with her.  Life as a stay at home mommy has its ups and downs and in betweens, but mostly I am enjoying it in spite of being rather lonely at times.  My mom and my aunt are coming to visit in a little over a week, and I'm super excited to see them both!

4 comments:

Nina said...

What a sweetie!! Hang in there and I will keep my fingers crossed that this is a short growth spurt!!

"Post-Google" by TAR ART RAT said...

want one.

katie said...

She really does get cuter every day! Can't wait to see her, you A soon.

Shantay said...

Look at her!!! Awe!!! Thanks for sharing her photo. I can imagine how hard it is to be up every 1-2 hours with her nursing. Eventually it will get easier, though. You are doing a great job!

Google