Friday, October 16, 2009

Pregnancy Food (AGAIN) and Fall

The major food-related theme of this pregnancy so far continues: I can't seem to stomach anything I prepare myself. Except eggs in the morning, and even those are iffy and I sort of have to force myself. The nausea is less in general, but I'm having real "morning" sickness these days instead of the all day nausea I was experiencing before. From the time I wake up until about 1:00, I feel sort of barfy. I manage to eat eggs and a snack during that time because if I don't eat I feel MORE pukey. Then in the afternoon I get really hungry and that continues basically all night. I ate a lot of food yesterday afternoon and I got into bed and my stomach was growling.

The staples of my diet are (as usual except for the last bullet):

- Fish oil/cod liver oil
- Butter
- Eggs
- Meats - steak, chicken, shrimp, mussels, tuna (yes I eat the skin and fatty cuts, all the minerals and fat soluable vitamins are good for me and the baby)
- Cheese
- Nuts
- Greek yogurt (FAGE - full fat version)
- Fruits
- Some veggies (they still kind of make me pukey)
- Other things I've enjoyed eating: oatmeal, sandwiches, peanut butter & jelly, pizza, ice cream, hamburgers, cookies, brownies, candy - trying to focus on all of the above FIRST!

It seems the weather is finally cooling off a bit around here (thank you JESUS). We have not been using our a/c in the living room in the evenings. I still turn it on in our bedroom before we go to bed, but it's staying cooler all night. We wake up to cool temperatures instead of the muggy inferno of the summertime. I love fall, it's my favorite season! It is one of the things I have been missing the most since we've been here. I've missed two falls so far. I love Halloween and Thanksgiving! We will probably get lots of trick-or-treaters this year since we are in a neighborhood with lots of kids instead of a high-rise apartment building. I'm going to make pumpkin muffins this weekend - yum!

What are your weekend plans?

No comments:

Google