Sunday, February 21, 2010

Valentine's Day Dinner Cruise

While my computer was still on the fritz, Adam took me on a dinner cruise for Valentines Day (and partly for our anniversary too). We started out at the Aloha Tower in Waikiki and sailed out past Diamond Head and back.


Looking back at Aloha Tower and the piers where our cruise started.

Dinner was lobster and steak - YUM! I did not realize we were going to get a whole entire lobster to eat. I was thinking like lobster tail on the side of a steak, but this is what came out:

Getting ready to dig in. Eating lobster like this is more complicated than it seems at first. I have eaten lobster in the shell only a few times in my life, so I'm not really savvy on the most efficient way to do it. I ended up with lobster juice and chunks of meat and shell all over my hands and down to my elbows. I didn't even bother with the moist towelette they brought over, I just got up and went to the bathroom to rinse off!

We destroyed that lobster. Then they brought out another course of steak, veggies and mashed potatoes.

Adam and I went outside to get some pictures before the sun set, but it was really windy.

View of Diamondhead you don't usually see - from the waters off the southwest coast.

What a fun night!

No comments:

Google