Tuesday, December 12, 2006

2006 Cherry Blossom 10 Miler


I just registered for the Cherry Blossom 10 Mile Run on April 1!! Eek! That means I will have less than two months to train for it... I'm shooting for my radioactive iodine treatment during the second week of January, and it will be a couple weeks after that before I'm up to par to start training in earnest, so it will definitely be a challenge! But I was easily running that distance before my surgery. It will give me a good goal to work towards for getting back in shape after all this cancer mess!

1 comment:

maxine said...

Michelle,
Congratulations on registering for the run ! You are an amazing inspiration. I had RAI in March and if I can support you in any way, please feel free to write to me at
maxvenus2222@aol.com
I am a long term survivor, had thyca at 17 and I'm 57 now. I've always been a fitness/health nut, although I've had to slow down over the years. I work now as a therapist for eating disorders and chemical dependency. I also belong to the IWWG - INternational Women's Writing Guild, and teach a class at their conference at Skidmore College every summer. You're an amazing writer. If you like, check out IWWG.com. It will put you in touch with other women writers. Thankyou again for letting us in on your very inspirational blog.
maxine

Google