Saturday, August 16, 2008

I'm here, I'm here!

Fear not, I did not fall and break both of my hands!! No, I was in Tampa last weekend with my mom and my aunt at my grandma's place, then this whole week I've been completely and totally consumed by the OLYMPICS. I'm addicted. I spend all my free time watching it! Michael Phelps is fucking awesome, he's so fast and obviously the gymnastics, and the volleyball and the weightlifting, and it's just awesome. Reminds me of that line in Vision Quest (waves at Visionquester) where the guy says when he sees an athlete do something great, it makes all of humanity better - I'm paraphrasing, but you get the idea?

Also? Big news I'm afraid to write about cause I don't want to jinx it, but that job in Hawaii I was going after finally, FINALLY got to the hiring phase and I'm on their short list! They called me this week and there is a better than average chance they will offer me a job!!! Which... holy shit! Y'all, I didn't really think through this part, like what if I actually got offered the job, would I take it, etc.... I mean there are so many factors going into the decision it makes my head spin!

Adam and I have talked about it a LOT and I'm confident that the right thing is going to happen. I'm pretty sure that if I get offered the opportunity, I will take it. Carpe Diem, right? And if I don't, then it wasn't meant to be. I should know soon, so stay tuned!!

2 comments:

Lindsey Broere said...

MICHELLE! WOW, my heart jumped when I read about your opportunity in Hawaii...DO IT girl! That's awesome.

Hummm....should I buy the yellow bathing suit that I've had my eye on or a more festive tropical print suit :-)

Anonymous said...

Way to put yourself out there!!

I'm excited to see what happens for you!!

Google