Sunday, August 24, 2008

Thoughts and a smoothie recipe

My head has been spinning the last few days from talking trough all the details of a move to Hawaii with Adam. We are talking marriage (gasp! fast?), engagement, planning a wedding (where, when and how?), moving my stuff (will the Navy do it?), storing my stuff, buying an "island car", selling MY car... or not?... buying a house (!!), or renting (where?), etc, etc, etc. !!! It's a LOT of stuff to think about and process and digest and a LOT of decisions to be made! I'm really excited and that is not something I feel very often.

I was really lazy yesterday and got absolutely nothing done. I talked to my Mom for ever in the morning, messed around on the internet (black hole of time) and then changed into my gym clothes, lay down on the couch and fell asleep. Then I started watching Oprah on my DVR and then Adam called and we talked for ever.

Then of course I couldn't sleep because I barely moved all day long. So I'm about to get going now and get my errands and other stuff done!

I've decided to take a week off of training. I almost never take a planned break, but balance is something I've been working hard on this year and it's definitely time. I'm planning on entering the next Turbulence Training contest next Sunday, which will be another 84 days of focus and hitting it hard, so it will be good to rest before that happens!

I'm finally getting to where I can make consistently smooth and creamy smoothies. My favorite combination is:

1 scoop whey (I use plain flavored, but any flavor works really)
1/2 c frozen raspberries
1/2 peach, cut up
2 oz unsweetened cranberry juice
1 Tablespoon berry Greens+
1 tsp flaxseed oil
4-6 ice cubes
maybe 1/2 cup water - you don't want too much or it's runny. use less than you think you need.

Blend it up for a minute or two. It turns out thick like a milkshake if you do it right!

2 comments:

Lindsey Broere said...

engagement....wedding? WOW...that's fast. Should I send you my address :-)

I am so excited for you! Things are much more exciting when they aren't so easy to predict.

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's awesome!! :)

Congrats--it is so exciting when things are coming together.

Best wishes!

Google