Monday, May 26, 2008

Ching Ching Cha Flowering Teas

I've been meaning to post these pictures for over a week now! Last weekend my parents were in town for an unexpected visit and on Saturday I went with my mom and my aunt to Ching Ching Cha in Georgetown. We walked across the Key Bridge from Rosslyn and then down to Wisconsin Ave. where the teahouse is. Regular readers will remember that I went to Ching Ching Cha for tea with my girlfriends on my birthday in March. Georgetown was its usual crush of college students, tourists, fashionistas and wannabes swarming all around, but when we stepped into the teahouse it was like a cool oasis, quiet Oriental music playing in the background and the sun shining calmly through the skylights. We each ordered a flowering tea - they are such a treat! They come in little balls and when you add the hot water they flower into this:

The orange blossom.
I thought we had one of the Floating Lantern, but I think this is another one of the Orange Blossom tea.
And I think this one was called Golden Blossom.

It was a fun, relaxing afternoon! Then we met up with my dad, my uncle and my cousin and his girlfriend and headed to Layalina for some yummy Lebanese/Egyptian fusion cuisine.

On Sunday my mom and my aunt and I had pedicures - divine. I had a manicure too and it seems to be lasting for a long time - the paint only started chipping yesterday. I think that's a record. Paint doesn't last long in the weight room.

I've had another relaxing weekend this weekend. I've been working on my healthy glow. I exercised, I napped, I sunbathed by the pool, I'm doing a face mask right now, I cooked... it's been perfectly peaceful. I think I'm going to wash my face and take another cat nap - the sun is shining in a bright warm patch on the carpet and I'm feeling drowsy after laying by the pool all morning. I was listening to Chapter 3 of Oprah's A New Earth event with Eckhart Tolle.

The Rolling Thunder Memorial Day biker rally was in town yesterday and I spent the afternoon blasting Tori Amos over the low grumble of engines reverberating through the tall buildings yesterday. I remember very clearly Rolling Thunder last year because I was thinking really hard on breaking up with Adam. I had gotten invited to the rally with this guy... I didn't end up going and even if I had, nothing improper would have happened of course, but I never even would have considered going on anything that could be construed as a "date" if I hadn't been in the mental space of leaving my relationship. Anyway, I can't believe that was a year ago. How is it that time can seem to pass in the blink of an eye and also seem like a lifetime ago all at once?

I find myself feeling sad about the passing of time these days. I can't remember ever thinking this way before recently. I feel like life is speeding by so quickly and I just want to grab on and hold it still for a bit. How can one life ever be enough? I fear death, not so much because I fear what is next (I don't think... although maybe that is what it really is at heart), but because I don't want to leave this life behind. How can I ever possibly do enough living in such a short time?

I don't know how I got started on THAT train of thought! My head ran away with my fingers. I need to go wash this goo off my face! Hope everyone is enjoying their holiday, if you get one!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hon, I'm with you. I'm always thinking about how I just don't have enough time to do everything I want to do--to live a few different lives filled with different choices. :) It is amazing how quickly the time goes by. With Mic, I always feel like we just met yesterday and that we've been together a lot longer than 4 years.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and that tea looks DIVINE.

Google