Sunday, January 03, 2010

2009 / 2010

1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?

Got married. Got pregnant. Visited Australia, New Zealand and Korea.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

I didn't make any resolutions last year! I'd rather set goals than make resolutions...

Goals for this year are:

1. Bring a healthy baby into this world
2. Get back in shape after the baby is born
3. Figure out the best work situation for me & my family
4. Build a stronger marriage

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?



Lindsey gave birth a few weeks ago to little Adelai Grace!

4. Did anyone close to you die?



I can't really say I was close to him, but Adam's grandpa died.

5. What countries did you visit?



Australia, New Zealand and Korea. We also had layovers in Japan and Fiji... that doesn't really count!

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?

Air conditioning.

7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

Our wedding day, February 19.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?


Getting married? Getting pregnant? It's kind of a toss up!

9. What was your biggest failure?

Being less than committed to my health and fitness lifestyle.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

Nope. Healthy as a horse. Unless you count the bruises I got from the car accident, which were minor!

11. What was the best thing you bought?

Hmmm.... a new computer.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

I can't think of anyone specifically.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?


Congress and their pork belly bills, both the economic stimulus bill and the health care bill.

14. Where did most of your money go?

Rent. Aside from that, the wedding and honeymoon.

15. What did you get really excited about?

The Little Elf Princess!

16. What song will always remind you of 2009?

I got nothing here.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:


– happier or sadder? Happier.
– thinner or fatter? Fatter. Definitely fatter.


– richer or poorer? Richer in so many ways.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?



Hiking & other outdoor activities.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?


Worry.

20. How did you spend Christmas?



Here in Hawaii, with my parents, at the beach.

21. Did you fall in love in 2009?

I sure did. I fell in love with my sweet husband all over again. And I fell in love with the little one growing in my belly!

22. What was your favorite TV program?


TRUE BLOOD. NEED I SAY MORE???

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?


Yes, but thankfully that person is no longer a part of my life.

24. What was the best book you read?

Nutrition and Physical Degeneration by Weston A. Price.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?

Probably Muse, which I discovered through the movie Twilight.

26. What did you want and get?

Pregnant!

27. What did you want and not get?

I wanted to lose 20 lbs, but see #9.

28. What was your favorite film of this year?

I gotta say that Inglorious Basterds is the movie that sticks out the most in my mind!

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

I turned 29 while we were on our honeymoon. I can't really remember what we did that specific day but I'm sure it was relaxing and wonderful!

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

Air conditioning.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?

Trying to find appropriate clothes for work that I don't roast in. It's too hot and humid here for clothes, probably why everyone in Waikiki walks around in bikinis and barefoot. Too bad I can't wear that to work.

32. What kept you sane?


Exercise. Adam.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

Is it perverted if I say Taylor Lautner? Because, GOD! However, I'm practically old enough to be his mother.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?


Healthcare.

35. Who did you miss?


Adam while he was deployed.

36. Who was the best new person you met?



Uh. I have not met anyone memorable...

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.



Don't pay a worry debt for the future.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

Baby, I'm stuck in the middle and I don't know why
Find the words you sing to me
Sweeter than the words of the bird in the sky
Oh, the days you came around
I feel so good for me
I can take most anything
'Cause what you bring

Baby, come on, take a ride in my little blue bug
Keep the windows down
Don't forget to celebrate the radio's up
Oh, the way you hold my hand
There is no other way
We could take a thousand walks
And laugh all day

I find it magical (hey)
I feel like I'm loving you in 1963 (hey)
Flowers in my hair (hey)
Little bitty hearts upon my cheek
Baby, you'll be on my mind
'till I kiss you next time

Rachel Yamagata, 1963

Full disclosure: I stole this questionnaire from Sundry!

2 comments:

Lindsey Broere said...

Cute post...
SHEESH...I hope you get air conditioning...that would suck big time! Although, no heat would make me pretty crazy too!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Google