Wednesday, May 27, 2009

And the best part is you can wear your bikini to the grocery store and nobody bats an eye.

Sometimes I really love living in Hawaii. I mean, ok, the roads are shit and full of potholes, spam is considered a delicacy and on the weekends I often have to go sit in the car just to feel cool air on my skin because WE DON'T HAVE AIR CONDITIONING. But! I live less than a five minute drive from this:


Kailua Beach

Yes it really is that pretty...


And yes the water really is that blue.

I know it looks fake, but this is me and Adam standing there at Kailua beach,
for reals, look at the water!
I've been going there pretty frequently the last couple of weeks. Last week we were in our big military exercise and I was working on the mid-shift from noon to 8:30. I was actually really enjoying the schedule. I got to wake up naturally, no alarm, usually around 6:30 and head straight over to the beach where I walked for about an hour along the shore. Then come home, have a nice breakfast, get ready for work, take care of the plants, run a couple of errands and whatever else before going to work at noon.
Man, it was a long week though... a long couple of weeks. I was basically working from the previous Sunday all the way through to last Friday cause I traveled to Miami that Sunday... I hate traveling for work! And the evil bastards are going to make me go on a trip right when A gets back from his deployment it looks like. If only I could quit this job and open a gym or a spa.
I spent the holiday weekend at the beach and watching marathon sessions of the Tudors second season. So good! And now it's back to the grind.

2 comments:

Lindsey Broere said...

yeah...so that totally makes up for the whole "working on Sunday" bit...at least for temporarily.

Sabine, La Marquise des anges said...

beautiful ..; gorgeous gorgeous pictures ... you make my spirit travel ...

Google